The first time I recall I ever receive censorship was during the time I was on the cheerleading squad. I didn't have a proper clothes on and I had been doing that same habit for sometime. My coach is very upset at me, and yelled in my face and told me that I should do better. She made sure to reiterate that I have no excuses. Although I didn't appreciate the way she delivered the message, she was right. What I had been doing was lazy and I wasn't keeping up to par with my uniform. It hurt my feelings, but it was the message that I needed. I understood that my responsibility of being on the squad was to always make sure that we had the proper uniform always put together and we looked as one. The lessons that I learned in a stay with me today. When in look back at that time, I felt the message could've been delivered in less harsh way, but the truth was in fact the truth.
The only true solid advice that I could give an underclassman, is to stay involved. I feel that enjoyed all that college had to offer in the later years than I did in the beginning. Being involved aided me in getting better grades because I knew who to to to for help. Not only that, but the process of completing school work was much less hectic. You form friendships and learn a lot from others. I dilation is good , but not for too long. Anxiety tends to build up, and that can lead to depressed feelings. When I got involved , I found that other people were going through my same issues. Through that commonality, I discovered coping methods and habits that kept from getting in those same mind funks I usually found myself in.
No comments:
Post a Comment